L-1 Visas

L-1 Visa Assistance in Orange County

Nonimmigrant Visa for Executive Employees

The L-1 visa is for individuals who wish to temporarily move to the United States for business purposes. These are nonimmigrant visas for the transfer of executives or managers, unlike a general employment visa.

According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS):

The L-1A nonimmigrant classification enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive or manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. This classification also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an executive or manager to the United States with the purpose of establishing one. The employer must file a Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker [https://www.uscis.gov/i-129], with fee, on behalf of the employee.

If you are interested in applying for this type of nonimmigrant visa with legal assistance, call an Orange County L-1 visa lawyer at the firm.

Qualifications for an L-1 Visa

Not everyone can qualify for this type of visa. If you are interested, the best way to find out if you qualify is by consulting with an immigration lawyer. Our firm is familiar with the process and can assist you with the necessary paperwork. The USCIS gives some general guidelines for who does and does not qualify.

  • Employer Qualification – For an employer to qualify, they must have a relationship with a foreign company (that meets the standards for international relations) and they must also currently be doing business with, or poised to do business with, one other country while the petitioner would be living in the U.S.
  • Employee Qualification – The qualifying employee must have been working for the named organization (in another country) for at least one year consecutively not more than three years before they enter the U.S. to live. The employee must also be petitioning for the L-1 visa for the purpose of providing executive or managerial services for a U.S. branch of their company or another qualifying organization.
  • Family Members – For family members of those granted L-1 visas, they may also qualify for temporary U.S. residency. The spouse will qualify as well as any children under the age of 21. Qualification is not automatic though, and family members will have to apply by way of an L-2 visa.

Qualifying individuals will be able to stay in the United States for one year on an L-1 visa if they are coming to establish a U.S. office. For all other qualifying employees, they will be able to stay in the U.S. for three years. All those granted L-1 visas may also petition for an extension of their stay which may or may not be granted.

L-1 Visa Lawyer in Orange County, CA

The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman can assist you in filing a petition for an L-1 visa. If you are unsure of whether or not you qualify, please speak with the firm for legal guidance through the immigration and temporary residency application process. Filling out the paperwork incorrectly may result in a denial of your application, even if you rightfully deserve the L-1 visa.

To learn more, please contact an Orange County L-1 visa lawyer with the firm today and receive a free consultation.



Whether you are facing criminal charges, contemplating divorce, struggling with debt, or dealing with complex immigration issues, The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman is well-equipped to help. With more than three decades of experience, our skilled attorneys in Orange County, CA are available to assist with a wide range of legal matters. All you have to do is fill out the form below or give us a call at (949) 558-2799 to get started. From there, we can help guide you down the right path. Fill out our free and confidential case evaluation form below. A qualified attorney will evaluate your case and determine how the firm can help.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy