Orange County Visa Lawyer

Apply for a U.S. Visa in Orange County

Many foreign nationals must apply for a visa in order to legally enter the United States for any length of time. Sometimes an individual may be able to stay in the country for up to a certain amount of time.

If you wish to stay longer than that allotted amount, you may be required to apply for a visa. You should always speak with a qualified immigration attorney if you or someone you know is interested in applying for a visa, no matter what your needs are.

Call our Orange County visa attorney for a free and confidential consultation today!

There are several different types of visas that you or your loved one may be able to receive, depending upon your circumstances. The immigration lawyers at The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman are intimately familiar with each type of visa offered by the United States government to foreign nationals. With the help of your immigration attorney, you will be able to maximize your chances of receiving a visa that suits your needs.

Options for Temporary Visits to the United States

The following are some of the visas that our immigration attorneys at The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman can assist you in obtaining:

Temporary Business Visa 

The B-1 Visa allows entry for temporary business reasons for which the applicant is not receiving compensation.

Tourist Visa 

The B-2 Visa allows entry for tourists or individuals receiving medical treatment.

Student Visa 

The F-1 Visa allows entry for full-time students planning on attending an educational institution in the United States.

Temporary Worker Visa 

The H-1B Visa allows entry for temporary workers who are skilled professionals with educational credentials. In most cases, the employer will apply for this visa.

Temporary Non-Agricultural Worker Visa 

The H-2B Visa allows entry for seasonal/temporary workers (not agricultural workers).

Individuals With Extraordinary Ability 

The O-1 Visa allows entry for individuals with excellent abilities and credentials in the field of business, education, science, athletics or the arts. Most people who qualify for this visa are internationally recognized.

Temporary Non-Immigrant Religious Workers 

The R-1 Visa allows entry for religious workers who are interested in living and working in the United States at a religious institution.

What You Need to Know About Your Visa

Depending on your needs, and your desires, you will need a certain category of visa in order to accomplish the goals that you have during your trip to the United States. You need to research your visa since there are limitations set on each type of visa, this may prevent you from being able to do the things you want to do. For example, if you obtain a tourist visa, then you will not be allowed to work or receive credited education during your stay.

Or, if you obtain a temporary business visa, you need to understand that you will not be able to collect a salary from a U.S. entity. Once you have arrived in the U.S., as per the terms of your visa, you must uphold these terms for the duration of your stay. A violation of the terms will result in you falling out of status, meaning that your right to visit the United States is revoked immediately. You could even have a record of unlawful stay added to your permanent immigration record after being deported.

Crimes Resulting in Removal Proceedings

In addition to following the rules of your visa, you must also maintain a favorable criminal record while staying in the U.S. A criminal offense will result in criminal proceedings, and even deportation and nullification of your visa, depending on the severity and nature of the crime that you were convicted of committing. There are two types of crimes that will result in removal proceedings:

  1. A crime of moral turpitude
  2. An aggravated felony

What Is a Crime of Moral Turpitude?

Crimes of moral turpitude can sometimes include:

  • Misdemeanors such as shoplifting
  • Serious moving violations like reckless driving
  • Domestic violence

It is essential for you to understand the terms and conditions of your visa, and that you are able to adhere to these in order to preserve your record and maximize your chances of returning to the U.S. in the future.

Put 30+ Years of Experience to Work for You

If you have questions or concerns about a visa application, or you wish to begin the process of obtaining the right to come to the U.S., please contact The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman today. We have over three decades of experience in these legal matters, we have handled these cases in the past, and we know what it takes to provide our clients with the representation that they need. 

Call now to set up a free and confidential consultation. We are available to our clients 24/7!



Whether you are facing criminal charges, contemplating divorce, struggling with debt, or dealing with complex immigration issues, The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman is well-equipped to help. With more than three decades of experience, our skilled attorneys in Orange County, CA are available to assist with a wide range of legal matters. All you have to do is fill out the form below or give us a call at (949) 558-2799 to get started. From there, we can help guide you down the right path. Fill out our free and confidential case evaluation form below. A qualified attorney will evaluate your case and determine how the firm can help.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy