Green Cards

Orange County Green Card Lawyer

Skilled Guidance For Applying or Renewing Your Green Card

If you're looking to become a permanent resident of the United States, then getting a green card is the option for you. An Orange County green card lawyer from The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman can assist you in filing the paperwork for permanent residency as well as advising you on the best method for petitioning for permanent residency. The U.S. immigration process is delicate and can often be complex. Don't risk your hope for a better future- call in a professional to help with your case.

If you need help from a green card lawyer, schedule your free case review by calling The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman at (949) 558-2799!

Green Card Through Family

There are two basic ways that you can get a green card through a family member:

  1. Permanent Residency for Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizens - Immediate family members are spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21 and parents (provided that the U.S. citizen is at least 21 years old). Any United States citizen can help their spouse, children and even their parents become citizens in this way. Because these individuals qualify as "immediate" family members, they do not have to wait in lines to receive this type of visa. Immediate family members are considered a priority by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and can get their green cards while in the United States or outside the U.S.
  2. Permanent Residency for Family Members of Green Card Holders - If you do not have an immediate family member that is a United States citizen, then there is still hope. USCIS allows other family members of citizens to get green cards. USCIS also makes it possible for family members of other green cardholders to get their green cards. Some of the forms that you or a family member may need to fill out are the I-130 and the I-485.

Green Card Through a Job

There are four main ways that a non-citizen can get their green card by way of employment:

  1. Job Offers - If a non-citizen gets a job offer from a United States employer, then the employer can fill out an I-140 "Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker" on behalf of the future employee.
  2. Investment - Here, investment is referring to an individual or company that is essentially "investing" in a business venture that creates new jobs in the United States. If you are a non-U.S. citizen but you have the plan to create business and jobs in the United States, then you may be able to qualify for a green card.
  3. Self-Petition - While many employment-based petitions for green cards are made by employers for their potential employees, some non-citizens can petition for themselves. There are two ways to petition on behalf of yourself: under the category of "Alien of Extraordinary Ability" and National Interest Waivers.
  4. Special Job Category Qualifications - § 101(a)(27) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) lists eight different occupations that could qualify a person for a green card based on their "special job" category. To apply, you must fill out an I-360 and fit one of the eight categories: Afghan or Iraqi translator, broadcaster, international organization employee, Iraqi assisting U.S. government, NATO-6 nonimmigrant, Panama Canal employee, physician national interest waiver employee, and religious worker.

How Can I Renew My Green Card?

Most green cards have 10-year life spans. After this period of time, the green card will have to be renewed. To renew, you will have to fill out the I-90 form. Conditional residents will have to fill out the I-751 form for renewal. These applications for renewal can be denied, but you can appeal a denied application. If your green card was lost, stolen, or otherwise destroyed and you need a replacement, you must also fill out the I-90 form. It is important for non-U.S. citizens to carry their green cards with them at all times. If you are found without your green card, you can actually be charged with a misdemeanor.

Can I Travel Internationally While My Green Card Renewal Is In Progress?

Traveling internationally while your green card renewal is still being processed is not recommended. Doing so may affect your ability to re-enter the United States or your green card renewal application itself. If you are considering traveling, consult with an experienced renew green card lawyer before making plans for your trip.

Have more questions? Do not hesitate to reach out to our renew green card lawyer at The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman today.

Why hire an attorney for your green card?

While it is not necessary to hire legal representation to get a green card or replace one, it can be extremely beneficial. These forms require a lot of information and it can be easy to make a mistake when filling it out and sending it in. You may also need guidance to know which form you should be filling out. The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman can evaluate your case and help you file the appropriate green card application forms. To learn more, please give our Orange County green card lawyer a call.

Schedule your free consultation today by calling (949) 558-2799!



Whether you are facing criminal charges, contemplating divorce, struggling with debt, or dealing with complex immigration issues, The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman is well-equipped to help. With more than three decades of experience, our skilled attorneys in Orange County, CA are available to assist with a wide range of legal matters. All you have to do is fill out the form below or give us a call at (949) 558-2799 to get started. From there, we can help guide you down the right path. Fill out our free and confidential case evaluation form below. A qualified attorney will evaluate your case and determine how the firm can help.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy