H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Visa

H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Worker Visa

Attorney with 30+ Years Handling Immigration Cases

If you are trying to get into the United States for a temporary occupation, then you need an attorney on your side who has years of experience in the legal industry and knows what it takes to help you succeed. Attorney Bridgman, from The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman, has more than three decades of legal experience, and he is a former Deputy District Attorney. With our firm on your side, you can effectively pursue your goals for a temporary visit to the United States or another immigration matter.

There are various job opportunities in non-specialized occupations that arise throughout the U.S. If you wish to capitalize on one of these opportunities, then there are a number of steps to complete, and you will need an H-2B visa in order to collect a salary while you are in the country.

How to Apply for an H-2B Visa

The H-2B visa allows for temporary work in a non-specialized field, which does not include agricultural work. These kinds of jobs can include:

  • Hospitality workers
  • Resorts and Theme parks
  • Cruise ships
  • Winter resorts
  • Restaurants and bars
  • Retail stores

Essentially, this temporary worker visa will qualify you for any non-specialty job with a recurring or intermittent need, or when there is a peak-load or one-time need. If the job typically requires a bachelor's degree or higher education, then your prospective employer would need to file for an H-1B visa. Once your employer has given you a job offer and you have shown that you meet the minimum requirements for the job, the employer must file the visa application and you will need to show that you intend to return home after the job is complete.

Validity Period & Accommodations for Family Members

This visa will be issued with a validity period necessary to complete the job for up to one year. Once the visa has expired, a new one will need to be obtained in order for you to continue work in the temporary field. If you have a family, and you are seeking temporary employment in the United States for a prolonged period of time, the U.S. Government recognizes the toll that this can take. It is important to know that if you are married, and you have children under the age of 21, they may be eligible to come to the U.S. with you on non-immigrant H-4 status, provided that they obtain visas.

Free Consultation from an Orange County H-2B Work Visa Attorney

When you are applying for a temporary workers visa, you need the guidance and advice of an experienced attorney. Our immigration lawyers have decades of experience, and we know how to approach your immigration case. Our office offers 24/7 contact availability so that you may have your questions answered at any time, and you can stay in constant contact with us throughout the duration of your case. We also offer a free initial consultation; contact the office today to learn more about your case and how we can help in your specific situation.

The H-2B is a limited visa, which means that there is a cap on how many the U.S. can issue in a year. It is imperative that you gain all of the information that you need, soon, in order to maximize your chances of obtaining the visa that you need. Let our office guide you through the application and interview process, and let us advise you on the best course of action for your future.



Whether you are facing criminal charges, contemplating divorce, struggling with debt, or dealing with complex immigration issues, The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman is well-equipped to help. With more than three decades of experience, our skilled attorneys in Orange County, CA are available to assist with a wide range of legal matters. All you have to do is fill out the form below or give us a call at (949) 558-2799 to get started. From there, we can help guide you down the right path. Fill out our free and confidential case evaluation form below. A qualified attorney will evaluate your case and determine how the firm can help.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy