B-2 Tourist Visa
Three Decades of Experience on Your Side
Whether you are accompanying a loved one on a business trip or you wish to come to the U.S. for pleasure or medical treatment, you could benefit from the exemplary representation of an Orange County tourist visa lawyer from The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman. Our firm has been representing immigrants and guiding people through the application and interview process for many years, and we know how to maximize your chances of success.
Obtaining a visa will require a great deal of dedication and work from you, and our firm can help to ensure that you are fully prepared and equipped during the application process. With 24/7 contact availability, you will have access to our firm any time, day or night. When you have questions, and you need help concerning your B-2 visa, or other visa application, we are here to help.
What is a B-2 visa, and why would I need one?
The B-2 visa is also referred to as the "tourist visa." With this, you would be able to come to the United States for a temporary period of time for pleasure or to receive medical treatment. The USCIS interprets "pleasure" as a number of different recreational activities, including the following:
- Tourism of national attractions such as state parks, amusement parks, or museums
- Visiting friends, family, and/or relatives
- Various activities of social, service, or fraternal nature
You must also be aware that this particular visa is used to accommodate trips to the U.S. for medical treatment in some situations. If you wish to obtain this visa and receive medical treatment here, there are three requirements that you will have to meet and provide proof of:
- Your local physician has given you a diagnosis that requires treatment in the U.S.
- A U.S. physician or medial facility has agreed to treat your illness
- An individual or entity has agreed to take responsibility for the transportation, treatment and medical-related expenses that will be incurred
One other reason that you may benefit from this kind of visa is if your family member or loved one is applying to obtain a B-1 visa. USCIS recognizes the need for families and loved ones to stay together during prolonged business trips, and you may be able to achieve this through a B-2 visa. Your specific case will require individual analysis to see if you may be able to obtain the visa that you need. Our firm can work with you to determine the best course of action.
Requirements for Obtaining a Tourist Visa
As in the case of all U.S. visas, there are strict requirements involved in obtaining a B-2, and it is important that you have a good idea of these before applying. USCIS will require proof that you meet the following criteria before issuing this visa to you:
- You intend to visit the U.S. for the purpose of pleasure, or medical treatment
- You intend to stay in the U.S. for a limited, and predetermined amount of time
- You have the money to finance the duration of your stay
- You are able to enter a foreign country upon the expiration of your visa
- You have a residence and other binding ties outside of the U.S. that will ensure that you return after your visa has expired
Call us for a Free Consultation (949) 558-2799
It is important that you discuss the B-2 visa requirements with a tourist visa lawyer in Orange County. At The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman, we understand the difficulties that surround these applications, and we know what kinds of red flags to address. When you are ready to apply for a visa and begin the process of planning your trip to the United States, you can count on us for the 24/7 legal assistance that you need.
We have answers to your questions, and we are prepared to guide you through the process. Our firm has been helping visa applicants for many years, and we have received awards for our outstanding legal services. Let us help you achieve your goals for coming to the U.S. Contact us anytime to schedule a free consultation concerning your case.