Visitation Rights for Non-Custodial Parents

Family Law Attorney with Decades of Experience

The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman is a family law firm with decades of combined experience, and we have handled numerous family law cases in the past, from uncontested divorce to pre and post-nuptial agreements. When you need an attorney on your side to help ensure that you receive visitation rights with your children, we are the law firm that you want. Our attorneys will work with you to renegotiate the terms of your visitation rights or ensure that these rights are included in the terms of your divorce.

Just as every family is different, every divorce situation is unique and deserves specialized attention. There is no cookie-cutter approach that will work for every situation – that is the philosophy of the Orange County visitation lawyers at The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman. No matter what your visitation issue involves, Mr. Bridgman and his team will work to help you pursue the best possible outcome that works for you and for your family.

How to Secure Your Visitation Rights

Once a divorce is complete where children are involved, you will have settled and agreed upon visitation rights, or the court will have issued you your rights. If you are past this point, and you need a modification to these rights for whatever reason, our law firm can work with you.

Here are some circumstances that can require a change in the terms of your visitation rights:

  • You or the other parent plans to move
  • Employment change, or other scheduling conflicts
  • Allegations of domestic violence or abuse

When you need a change to the terms, our firm can help you through the request and application process. You will need to demonstrate that there has been a significant change in circumstances that require a new court order for the best interest of the children involved. In an ideal situation, both parents will agree upon the changes, and the application can be expedited. When the parents do not agree that circumstances have changed, then you will need to make a convincing case with the child's best interests in mind.

If you want to begin the divorce or separation process, then your right to visitation is one of the elements that you will need to address. Your Orange County visitation attorney will work with you to clearly establish when the child will be with you, and when they will be with their other parent. In order for these terms to be enforceable, they must be clearly spelled out. If you and your spouse are unable to agree on these terms, then the court will decide the appropriate course of action, based on the best interests of the child.

My Visitation Rights are Being Violated

If you find that your visitation rights are constantly being violated, and you have a visitation order that clearly states your rights, you can have your local police enforce the order. It may be beneficial to keep detailed records of these violations if you feel that they are destined to continue, or if you find that the other parent has malicious intent. Detailed records will help your case if you are required to go to court to ensure that your rights are upheld.

Contact us for a Free Initial Consultation

If you believe that your rights are being violated, or you want to ensure that you will be able to see your child at the conclusion of your divorce, contact our firm for the representation that you need. We have been representing Orange County residents faced with similar situations for decades, and we are prepared to work with you in the same way. We offer 24/7 contact availability, and we offer a free case evaluation to all potential clients. Let us work with you to uphold your rights and ensure that the best interests of your child are being fulfilled.



Whether you are facing criminal charges, contemplating divorce, struggling with debt, or dealing with complex immigration issues, The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman is well-equipped to help. With more than three decades of experience, our skilled attorneys in Orange County, CA are available to assist with a wide range of legal matters. All you have to do is fill out the form below or give us a call at (949) 558-2799 to get started. From there, we can help guide you down the right path. Fill out our free and confidential case evaluation form below. A qualified attorney will evaluate your case and determine how the firm can help.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy