R-1 Temporary Religious Workers Visa

Serious Lawyers Achieving Serious Results

At The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman, we are an Orange County immigration law firm and we know what it takes to help our clients obtain the visas that they need to accomplish their goals. For decades, we have been representing individuals with goals to come to the U.S., and we have achieved the results that they need in the past. When you come to us, we will implement the same customized approach and the effective representation tactics that have achieved results for our clients in the past.

Requirements for the R-1 Visa

If you want to apply for a visa to come to this country for the purpose of temporary religious work, then there are a number of requirements that you will need to meet. First, you must understand that this visa is for non-immigrant workers who will be employed at least 20 hours a week with a non-profit religious organization.

Here are the edibility requirements that you must meet before applying:

  • Must be part of a religious denomination
  • This organization must be non-profit
  • The organization must have been present in the U.S. for at least two years

Along with your application, you and the religious organization will need to provide supporting documentation concerning membership status, tax exemption and other information. You will be required to show proof of your membership with the organization, evidence of your credentials as a minister (if applicable), and proof your previous R-1 status if you are applying for an extension. The religious organization will be required to show proof of your tax exemption status, proof of your compensation status, and other documentation such as your bank records.

Benefits of a Temporary Religious Worker Visa

When you are given this visa, you will be granted entry into the U.S. for up to 30 months to complete your work. If you find that you need more time, then you can apply for an extension of an additional 30 months. The limit for the duration that a non-immigrant can stay in the U.S. is five years (60 months). Another tremendous benefit that you may have access to is that your family may be eligible to come to the U.S. under R-2 dependent status.

At The Law Office of Bruce C. Bridgman, we are dedicated to helping our clients succeed, and when you are ready to pursue work with a non-profit religious organization in this country, we are prepared to help you. With decades of experience and 24/7 availability, we are the firm that you need on your side. Let us work alongside you to provide you with the advice and the guidance that you need to maximize your chances of achieving your goals. We also offer a free case evaluation that you can use to learn more about how we will approach your case. Contact our office today!

Contact Us

Send My Information


Send My Information